Wednesday 12 August 2009

I love the way you muse


I was very pleased, yesterday, to receive a comment on Facebook from my friend, Helen, saying that she had read and enjoyed my infant blog.

Helen and I became good friends at Cedars Upper School, Linslade, Bedfordshire. We were part of a group of friends that included Alison and Ian ('Bearde'). I can't really remember how it started, but Helen, Alison and I regularly exchanged letters. Sometimes these were just notes, but others were multipage epics. Who knows what we managed to fill those letters with, but when you're 14 -18 years old even the most seemingly insignificant event could take on life-changing significance. Helen and Alison were my muses - more in manner of Thalia than Erato though.

It was nice to be reminded of those times and, coincidentally, it was on the day I was reading about how the film director, Pedro Almodovar, is inspired by his 'muse', the actress Penelope Cruz. Penelope Cruz?....Yeah.... I can understand that. But she's not exactly in Helen or Alison's league is she?

1 comment:

  1. She pales into insignificance compared to us two!!

    ReplyDelete