Friday 14 August 2009

Don't let me near your car!


Many BSM instructors in the Greater London area have had their Vauxhall replaced by the Fiat 500 this week - No news yet on when I get mine. As a lazy way to add a post to this blog, here are some inital comments from instructors on the BSM instructor forum:

"Picked up my car this morning, and had an experienced pupil on a two hour lesson at mid-day. Must say that pupil loved driving it. The car is very responsive, gear changes are a pleasure and no real issues between it and the Corsa 1.2 petrol. My pupil has four more lessons before test and she is more than happy. Leg room on the driver's side is fine, but I did find that it is a bit more squashed to use the dual controls than on the corsa and I am only 5ft 5inches. Didn't feel too close to pupil. Cannont see the speedo, but I am using that to get the pupil to take more responsibility for their own speed. Reaction from other ADIs that we passed on the road was interesting - from doubletakes, looks of surprise and waving!!!! So far so good." Debbie Thornton, Putney.
"Picked up my new car at 7 this morning. ....I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................." James Jesshope, Basingstoke.
" As a former Astra driver, I must say I am impressed!!! Didn't think I would be saying that!!! Drives really nicely and there is alot of room in the front!! Although having said that I don't think one of my larger pupils is going to fit!!! Boot space slightly larger than I thought. Alot of gadgets to get used to!! Haven't got a lesson today, but I think the pupils will like it! Sat in one with another instructor and was also impressed with the space between driver and passenger. On the down side, there doesn't seem to be a seatbelt adjustment, so seatbelt was digging into my neck a little!! Ok we know some of the other problems but reserve judgement until you have driven one. Don't get me wrong I would much rather still be driving the Astra, but at the moment we have not choice, so going to try and be more positive now that I have actually driven one!!!" - Karina Botting, Crawley.
"I liked it. Our Centre Manager, Eddie, picked up his Duologic Fiat 500 the other day and let me have a go. It really handled nicely and had enough oomph. I thought the visibility was good and ther was probably more room in the front than in the Corsa. I didn't understand the automatic gearbox though; it changed down ok, but I had to change up manually." Me, Inverness.
"You broke my Noddy car!" Eddie, Inverness.
"What do you mean?" Me, Inverness.
"It won't change up anymore, I have to change gear automatically." Eddie, Inverness.
"I know, I told you that." Me, Inverness.
"Yes, but it was fine before you drove it." Eddie, Inverness.
"Oops." Me, Inverness.

No comments:

Post a Comment