Thursday 1 October 2009

You're my favourite

Talking of favourites....

I don’t tell her this (although I think she knows), but out of our three dogs, Doris, the terrier is my favourite. I love her character, but then I love Daphne and Jilly’s character too; I suspect it is just that we got Doris before the other two.

I know I shouldn’t, but I also have favourites when it comes to my pupils too.
Tuesday was a good day; I had five of my favourite pupils:
First, Michaela. She has booked 25 hours of lessons over a period of twelve days, but she is one of my favourites because she analyses every aspect of her driving (almost too much, Michaela).
Second, Glynn. Test booked in just over a week. Very cheerful and we have interesting chats about being a chef.
Next, Anna. Always smiling and always looking to improve.
Then, Adam. Very polite and committed to being the best driver he can possibly be. Always looking to learn from every situation.
Finally, Daisy. Wanted to pass before the summer, but lost the race against time due to giving birth (her baby was so inconsiderate).

Wednesday was equally chock-full of favourites:
First, Nicola. Used to work in The Swan, Northall, England, where I have enjoyed the odd half-pint.
Then, Maureen. Nice to see smiling Maureen for the first time in three months (due to illness). She drove as though she had never been away.
Next, Ashley. Complete with new hairdo, Ashley is possibly the most natural driver I have ever taught….. Unfortunately, the theory test does not come naturally to her.
Finally, Erin. Recently accepted to study Medicine at uni’, but taking a gap year to work in a medical centre in Cambodia, so we have lots of interesting chats about foreign climes.

Today is bulging with favourites, too. And so is tomorrow. In fact, a bit like Brucie on Strictly…, they are really all my favourites. Well….. All except the odd one that pesters me to let them take their test before they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment