Saturday 25 June 2011

Va-va-voom

As promised, I got my Clio back this morning. I had begun to get used to the Peugeot, but it did feel nice being back in my car - the clutch is much more forgiving and the steering has more 'feel'.
When Matthew took his test last week the examiner looked at the Peugeot and asked me "Why have you gone and got yourself one of these?!" He obviously wasn't impressed.
It wasn't the first time examiners have turned their nose up at a car. When I was with BSM and had a Fiat 500, the examiners would often make disparaging comments about it. One time, at the start of a test, the examiner asked my pupil to pop the bonnet and tell him how he would check the oil level. As my pupil lifted the bonnet, the examiner looked into the engine and asked "Where's the rubber band?"  The cheek!

No comments:

Post a Comment