Saturday 22 January 2011

Happy Days

Congratulations to Steven on passing his test, first time, in Inverness this morning. About time too! Steven started with me waaaayyy back, several years ago when I was a mere boy with BSM (ok, 'mere boy' may have been a slight exaggeration). Changes of address, forgetting to take his licence to his Theory Test (not clever) and other reasons have caused his lessons to be sporadic, to say the least. I have to be honest, when he called me in November to ask if he could resume his lessons, I did wonder 'how long for this time?'. It's irrelevant now, he went off in the wrong direction in the independent driving section, but otherwise passed with ease and it was nice to hear the examiner compliment him on his drive.
He was looking forward to getting home in time to watch his team, Rangers, play Hearts, for what he hoped would add to his enjoyment of the day, but Hearts had other ideas. My day continued to improve, however, as Liverpool finally began to show a bit of form in beating Wolves 0 - 3. I know you're probably not interested, but, this season, all wins are a bit of a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment