Sunday 26 September 2010

Cobblers

I’m not too sure which is worse, Inverness being thumped 6 - 0 by Celtic, or Liverpool losing to Northampton. Actually, I do know… Liverpool was far worse. Inverness losing heavily to Celtic was always a possibility. Still, congratulations to the Cobblers, but it is not the best time to be a Liverpool fan at the moment.

The week had started so well too.

On Tuesday, Sandy had his second attempt at his driving test. Despite the fact that he had almost all his lessons in Ullapool, I was very confident that he would pass first time in Inverness last month. But, for some reason, unknown to him or I, he failed to see a red traffic light and the examiner had to tell him to brake. Anyway, no such problems this time and he breezed round the test, passing with just one minor fault. An excellent result. I’m still waiting for my first pupil to pass with no faults, but only one in 10,000 people manage that apparently.

Off to Ullapool on Wednesday for three full days of tests and lessons. I have posted enough blow by blow accounts of Ullapool test days for now. Exciting for my pupils and me, but yawnsville for everyone else. Still, I am proud to report that I had six pupils on test, and four of them passed (with barely a dozen minor faults between them). So congratulations to Dean, Kerry, Tracey and Stuart.
The fact that Ullapool only has one test day a month sometimes gives an ‘end of school year’ feeling to test days; pupils who have been with me several months finally ‘graduate’ and I’m usually slightly sad to see them go. The days following then seemed like the start of a new school year as three brand new pupils started with me.

It’s now Saturday night and I’m off to bed as another two new pupils start tomorrow. To put the cherry on the cake, Inverness beat St. Mirren away and Liverpool managed to avoid another defeat (just). I’ll leave you with (three-quarters of) Ullapool’s Class of September 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment