Monday 21 June 2010

Bring tha noize

It has been brought to my attention that Sarah Palin has carefully thought of a solution to the BP oil spill: "Gulf disaster needs divine intervention as man's efforts have been futile. Gulf lawmakers designate today Day of Prayer for solution/miracle". If any of you are going to participate in today's 'Day of Prayer for solution/miracle' would you be so kind as to ask him for a couple more new pupils, a packet of Ginger Nuts and for Liverpool to win the Premier League next year...... Although, maybe that's asking a bit too much.
While I'm casting my eye worldwide, I note that Archbishop Desmond Tutu has entered the row over the vuvuzelas at The World Cup. ""Twak, twak! Absolute twaddle," said Tutu. "You've come to SA and you are going to enjoy everything that's South African. I say blow them even louder." Quite right Desmond. Can you imagine the reaction if people from other parts of the world came to Scotland and asked for a ban on bagpipes?
A global celebration of sport should surely be full of colour and sound? Ok, I'll admit it's not the sweetest of sounds, but rather 60,000 vuvuzelas than a stadium full of snoring and (justified) booing at an England match.
The Archbishop should team up with Public Enemy. I can just picture him with Chuck D, urging "Turn it up! Bring tha noize".

No comments:

Post a Comment