Sunday 21 March 2010

A shock result (sort of)

I guess it had to happen sometime. I had almost forgotten the last time Liverpool played Man Utd and didn't win. It has certainly not been the best of seasons for us. In fact, it has been especially disappointing after the promise of last season (particularly beating Man Utd 1 - 4 at Old Trafford).
The Premier League and Radio 5Live kindly arranged it so that the match kicked off just as I left Ullapool, so I had the rare opportunity to listen to uninterrupted commentary on the bulk of the match.
A dream start for Liverpool, with Torres scoring so early, but it was perhaps a bit too much to expect that, with each team's respective form, that we would repeat the result of our last three league meetings. Having said that, I don't think I have ever enjoyed a Liverpool loss so much, especially one to Man Utd. Alan Green's description of Gary Neville "having a fit" when things didn't go his way, and his description of Ferguson's childish petulance almost made up for the scoreline. I think that, no matter how successful Man Utd currently are in comparison to Liverpool, just the mere thought of Gary Neville will always reassure me that Liverpool are a much classier act.
I am curious as to what Man Utd fans sing now. Will Man Utd be joining forces with Status Quo again to record 'Come you Green and Yellows'? Or should it be 'Come on you Yellow and Greens'?
And is it any surprise that Manchester was chosen as the focus of the new recruitment drive for sperm donors? After all, they have had plenty of practice, Gary Neville in particular.
YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment